No, not quite. We have been soaking up every minute of being (me) mom and (Greg) dad. While our schedule is pretty much (me) feed him, change him, put him to sleep for a bit, I must admit that there are several chunks of the day that I am caught just looking at Nate, his big blue eyes, and wondering what he's thinking.
Other than our schedule of eat-sleep-change Nate, here's what we've been up to:
We've been out for walks on most days (though today is particularly Spring like, and the day can't decide if it would like to be sunny or thundering with rain. Really, these are the extremes), and I am reminded everyday that we get out for a walk just how much I love our neighbourhood.
We usually meet up with Greg for lunch sometime during the week. This means that Nate puts on a great show while I get him into the car seat and as soon as the car is put into first gear, our little man is destined for dreamland. He lasts five minutes - tops - before getting his mid-day nap underway.
We meet up with friends, read books (this week, we're reading Hungry Monkey, a book about how to get your child to become a lover of food), and Nate's discovering new things like his shadow and reflection in the mirror.
He's cooing and making all kinds of new noises, and funny faces!, and loves to snuggle with Greg, especially first thing in the morning and right before bedtime.

No comments:
Post a Comment