Since I last blogged, here's what we've been up to:
Hiking! Nate is a trooper and is loving being out on the trail. That's a good thing because Nate's mom and dad also love being out on the trail.
House projects. I've been told that the list of things to do on your house never goes away. And whoever was the wise one that noted that idea is right. Up next: Greg is installing a ventilation hood above the stove. This makes me nervous for a few reasons: 1. it involves electrical things (thank goodness we have an electrician friend!) and 2. Greg tells me we will have to cut a hole in the roof for the vent hood. Intuitively, I think one should not cut a hole in the roof. Especially in a state that receives such ample rain. But, he also tells me that it's fine (and his bother, Phil, reassures me of this too.)
Indeed the list of house projects is reaching a point of "we should do this now, so that it happens before our move." And yes, you read that right: we bought a house knowing that we would be moving within 18 months. We're not as crazy you'd think because we also know that we're moving back. Here. And we like the idea of being able to move back into our house.
[You may be thinking: "Wait. Moving?!?!" That's right. We're a proud saluting family now, and id card holders (we've even been to the commissary. Three times.). Greg was sworn into the AF Reserves in May and will be heading off to training in the coming weeks. After his initial round of training we're off for even more training. Location and date that we'll move to be determined. (Me? I'm excited. It's been 8 years since I've moved - I mean really moved - and these feet that are not used to staying put are excited to hit the road to a new locale for a while.)]
Okay, other things we've been up to this summer:
We went to California to see my parents (and the rest of the family!). It was a momentous occasion and a family-packed, heat-filled weekend. And Nate went swimming for the first time. Some of my favourite moments? Seeing my grand-parents meet their 6th great grand child, watching my sister meet her nephew and seeing our nieces and nephews hang out with Nate. It was blissful.
Nate was a champ traveler (he didn't even cry on the plane!) and that gets me excited: International travel - here we come! I've suggested several places for Nate's first trip out of the country; Greg has suggested Canada. Hm. My sights were a little farther from home, as I'm sure you can imagine.
Coming up: a trip to Portland for hiking, a weekend away to the San Juans, birthday parties, lazy summer evenings, and bbqs. Yes, folks: summer in the NW is finally here.
How's your summer?
yes it was a delicious summer gathering. Loved being able to celebrate all those first with Nate....and his mom and dad of course!
ReplyDelete