Er... well, Greg is. Colorado this time, and for one-third the amount of time as the last, but some days it's hard to remember that.
Like today. Because really, he's only been gone for 10 days, and it already feels like 10 weeks.
But, Nate and I are taking each day one at a time, and honestly, those days are made so much better by sharing them with Nate. He's really, really laughing - I mean a good belly laugh. At his reflection in the mirror, in the morning when he remembers that he knows how to clap, after he sprays out yogurt all over his mama right before she goes to work... laughing. He's laughing a lot and it's a magical sound.
He is also walking! Crawling is still his preferred method, but you catch him taking some solid steps on his own as he transfers from walking along the windowsill to using the couch.
And his hair is getting so long! Y'know how lots of babies get curly hair the longer it gets? Not so for Nate. It's as straight as anything, and has a few special spots that have some totally character filled flips. I love his sweet, soft baby hair.
All of these things make the yucky stuff better. Like, the day after Greg left the water heater went out. My dad said that's how we know it's an official no-kidding TDY. Things like that only happen on the home-front when the handyman (read: my amazing husband Greg) is out of town. For several weeks.
Other ramblings: I was in the grocery store last night with Nate and we saw an Army soldier in his dress uniform. I hope he was going to a fancy ball, and not a memorial service for someone. Also, he was buying a 6 pack of PBR beer. Nothing looks more odd than a man in his dress uniform buying cheap beer.
And, it snowed last night! Big soft, wet snow flakes that stuck but didn't stay, but still it snowed. And I love that peaceful moment after snow has fallen.
Today, though, it's gorgeously sunny.
No comments:
Post a Comment