7: Brooke, that sweet little miss, is already 7 months old! She's devouring foods and started feeding herself sweet potato puffs last week. She would rather stand (thank you very much) than anything else at this point, so she lighting-fast crawls her way to the nearest place to pull her self up and stands there enjoying the new treasures she's found on the bookshelves, coffee table, train table, leg of the dinner table, your leg... And you know what all this inclination to stand means, right? Walking is just around the corner. (I'm not ready. There's nothing like cuddling this girl, and I'm not ready for her to be little-miss-independent yet.)
10.5: we've lived in Oklahoma for 10 and a half months already! Hard to believe it, but - as noted in several other posts, I think - it's been surprisingly adventurous, and such a blessing to be near my sister and her family.
(I did find myself thinking about our upcoming move, and how I'll need to start getting a few more massive Rubbermaids to pack the kids clothes in...)
26ish: My dear brother-in-law, Joe, has been deployed for the last (roughly) year. A few weeks ago he called to let Greg and I know that he would be coming home earlier than expected - 26ish days early. And he pulled a complete surprise arrival for my sister and the kids. It was the.best. surprise to be in on (and oh so hard to keep it a secret!)
30: Nate's new milestone. He weighs in at 30 pounds, which means as we walk from the pool or the park or the grocery store, I sometimes get a solid 15 minute bicep curl with 30 pounds. He is on a complete toast kick these days (he would eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if he had his druthers and sometimes, with the two-year-attitude, he gets his druthers.) And he's really championing the daring-kid thing. He does this:

No comments:
Post a Comment