We've been back from Australia for almost two weeks and here the update:
1. The baby is officially making its debut! My belly has really popped, and you can tell that I'm really expecting a baby! This week we're at five-and-a-half months, and with an ultrasound and a doctor's appoint scheduled for this week, things are trucking along splendidly.
2. Greg purchased his graduation gift: a brand new computer. He's a gadget man, and this new little wonder is impressive. He's loving it, and so am I.
3. We put an offer on a house (why not?!). And then we put a counter offer on the same house. And now, we're accepting an offer and coming to mutual agreement with the seller.
Here's what I've learned so far in this (very) new process:
- There needs to be layman's terms of layman's terms in real estate. Seriously, I'm wondering, could they make the paperwork a bit more convoluted?
- Several post-it notes from God would be helpful along the way... It's a scary step to be buying a place (especially for this girl, who still considers herself a permanent tourist, a global wanderer, and a resident of where she is in the current moment) and it's tough to know that you're really making the right decision.
- It's a game, and if you're willing to play, you can really get most of the things you'd like in a place (location, size of house, number of bathrooms (very important), yard) for a pretty reasonable price.
Great to hear an update! I love the idea! :) Congrats on the house...keep us posted on the process!
ReplyDelete