Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's a [fill in the blank] kind of day

88 days down.

And 24 to go. (For all those who may be just as eagerly waiting: that's a mere 576 hours).

I'm having distracted days lately. At working, I am productive in 10 minutes, and then my mind wanders to think about other things. My thought process looks something like this:
The upcoming holiday (s) and holiday shopping
Greg coming home
Nate and I going to see Greg (in 24 days, in case you missed that.)
What to make for dinner
The blustery fall we're having
How long it's been since I've watched a movie
How dark it is, and so early!
Greg coming home
How much I'd really like a new pair of blue jeans
Last weekend I was in shorts and a tshirt in 80 degree weather in California. Today it is 42 and raining.
Thank goodness I got a pedicure last weekend!
Greg coming home
[Enter 10 more minutes of productivity at work]  and then the cycle continues...

This line of distracted thought also makes me think that this day (and other days recently), is a heavenly day (like when I am listening to Patty Griffin's Heavenly Day), a cozy day, a lovely day, a distracted day, a lonely day, a sweet day (especially when Nate "reads" a book); it's one day closer to being a family of three that is all together again, a busy day, a tiring day, a day that I wish I could stay home and get things done and snuggle with my little guy; today is a day that I wish my best friends lived next door (though, it is amazing that a handful of us live in the same time zone. What a stroke of luck!), it's a day that I would rather be in slippers, a day that I would like to try cooking something new, and finally finish cleaning the house; today is a mindful day, a blessed day, a day that my to-do list keeps growing.

What kind of day are you having?

No comments:

Post a Comment