Well, I think I'm in the clear when I say this: gone are the triple digits (until next June). Yes, I think - perhaps - autumn is rounding the corner and coming to a central-plains-state near you. Er, me. What I'm trying to say is: it's almost fall! I can feel it! The weather is so pleasant (not yet fall-crisp, but pleasant) and it's practically refreshing to be outside these days. That makes for one happy little camper in Nate.
Other things that we have been up to lately:
1. I finally hung the last few pictures on the wall. This is how I know that we are done moving. Normally, pictures on the walls are the first thing I do - I helps me feel immediately settled and like the white-walled, white-carpeted house is really our home.
2. Nate is trying really hard to convince us that we might need a dog. Soon. I think we have met every dog (and so, their owners, too) in a three block radius. He's really not afraid of them, and even welcomes the (inevitable) lick on the face. He thinks it's hilarious. And he spots them like a hawk! When we're walking, if he sees a dog or hears one barking, he points and immediately notes that a dog says "woof, woof."
He's getting really good at all his animal noises, too.
3. We toured the hospital where we will welcome our next little bundle of joy. It occured to me that we should do this, and Greg concurred - especially given that the arrival of the baby is due to be just four weeks away. It's a nice spot, and the nurse assured us that we'll get a Stork Dinner before going home. Our choice: steak or chicken kiev. How delightful. (And I was just thinking about how the first thing I wanted to eat after having Nate was a Jamba Juice smoothie. Too bad the closest Jamba Juice is almost 2 hours away... =))
4. This also means that I made a "Get Serious- We're Having a Baby List." So, today, I cleaned out the car. Also on the list, find all the newborn clothes (it's in one of these clear plastic totes...) get a few warmer newborn sized hats (since this babe will arrive just before the winter season in OK), and get another set of sheets for the other crib.
Oh, and get some newobrn sized diapers. Hm.
5. Greg is finishing up his last week of (round one) Academics. Yep - in about a week, he'll have his Dollar Ride: that's the first ride in the plane here at pilot training. The idea is that you give the instructor a dollar for the "ride" since you do none of the actual flying. It's the only free pass you get before being graded on your flying skills. And as with most things in the flying community, it comes with much tradition.
So glad you guys are getting settled! I can't believe how close Babe #2 will be here! So exciting! And jealous that you get a stork dinner...the hospital where I delivered didn't offer that...and it was NOT a military hospital either... Go figure. Oh well, I got Taco Bell...and after almost 24 hrs of no food, it was better than a filet mignon! :-)
ReplyDelete