As promised, some pictures from our latest adventures in Oklahoma. So, I thought I would start this photos of the reason why we are here.
Wait - first, an aside. On one of my flights home from Portland (did I tell you there were three flights and four airports? Peanuts do no tide a hungry boy over that long. Thank goodness that mom-bag-of-snacks was still fully stocked.) I was asked who my husband, the pilot, flies for. I said "America" and the guy said, "Oh, they've really gone down hill recently. I used to like to fly with them, but I feel like I'm always on a tiny airplane now." I smiled, and said, "No, no, not American. He flies for America. He's in the Air Force."
Ok, on to the photos. As part of the introductory part of training, student pilots spend a bit of time with Aerospace Physiologists (who do lots of cool things.) These photos are from Greg's first "chamber ride." It's a time when they practice going up in altitude - without ever leaving the ground.


Fun! I remember doing that for my ROTC training....super cool experience!! Can't wait to hear all about your Mid-Western adventures!!
ReplyDeleteKate: I love the updates from you on Facebook about Scott. As we get ready to welcome baby #2, I am shocked at how quickly my mind has forgotten the things that are all consuming about tiny babies. Nate, I'm sure, will continue to keep us all (baby included) on our toes!
ReplyDelete