On the weekend, we went to Wichita - which I will probably forevermore call Wild Wichita, because let's face it: who would have thought that in Wichita (no, in Kansas!) that you could feed giraffes, a rhino (Indian Rhino, if you please. They also have an African Rhino, but you can only feed the Indian Rhino), tortoises, lemurs, pet and feed kangaroos, and run up and down the fence line while a cheetah mimics you on the other side of the (all too short) fence? It's try, folks. Put Wichita on your vacation list.
Or, at least if you're in Enid, America visiting us, insist on going to Wichita. It's a pretty cool place.
We also went to the botanical gardens and Nate had a blast exploring the brand new children's garden, complete with a vegetable garden that you pump your own water to water the plants, musical garden, koi pond, and giant tree house.
It was a lovely weekend away, and so needed. It was a treat for us all - four days off for Greg, which meant two of the days we could head up to Wichita, explore and relax, and then he could still get two full days of studying in.
In other news:
12 days until baby day is here. Mind you, that doesn't necessarily mean that the baby will be here in 12 days, (optimistically, it could be before! Ha, not likely, if Nate's arrival is anything for us to go by...), but is does mean that every day (and every swift kick in the ribs!) we are one day closer to meeting this little one.
But I need a few more days. My sweet little boy has another ear infection and this time it's coupled with what looks to be the start of pneumonia. I need some time to cuddle him and get him back on the road to recovery before our little one makes its debut. And I think that God has that noted. At least I hope so...
Greg had flight number 6 today and it went well. A mere 7 or 8 flights to go before he solos!
I had the spouses of Greg's classmates over tonight for a little get together. It was lovely to get to know them a bit more.
And: since today it was only 70 degrees, I made a pot of hot apple cider. Wishful thinking for crisp fall days? I think so. (Though I am loving the no coat weather still!)
No comments:
Post a Comment