Tuesday, October 11, 2011

(untitled)

I have had this scene from The Terminal running through my head the last few days:

Tom Hanks (Viktor) just found out he has to stay in the international terminal, and is given food vouchers for meals. They blow off his table as a hurried passenger rushes by, and the cleaning man, Gupta, sweeps them into the trash. Viktor follows him - doggedly - to retrieve the vouchers, and Gupta swats him away from "his" trash. This is how I am remembering the dialouge:

"Get away from my trash! This is my trash and my job. Do not take that from me. You have to have an appointment to look at things on my cart. Do you have an appointment?"

"Appointment?"

"Yes! An appointment!"

"No. When I can come back?"

"I have an opening next Thursday."

Some days - this is how I feel like things are going around here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment