I found $50 today.
It's for Nate.
And I said $$ in greeting cards that he was sent for various reasons.
(And, for the record, I'd like to note that we did find it. So that's a plus, right?)
Greg took the liberty of laughing (pretty hard) at my gaff. Still, I just took great pleasure in knowing that I had not only kept the great greeting cards (thanks, Friends and Family for all the love) but also terrific mementos from his first (and almost second) year, like the tickets from his first professional soccer and baseball games.
The worst part? Some of that $50 was given to Nate in 2010.
It's 2012, folks.
Don't worry - I'll add "keeping better track of Nate's generous college fund gifts" to my list of resolutions for the year. (Still, I am relishing a bit the thrill of finding it. It's a bit like putting your hand in the pocket of your winter coat and finding that $20 from last winter.)
And seriously: we so appreciate all the love you send to our little cherubs. It was fun today to look back at the things we've saved.
No comments:
Post a Comment