Monday, September 17, 2012

blinded

These days, I'm blinded.

(no, not by the light silly. Though, I have had that song in my head lately.)

Seriously, though, I am blinded by all the decisions to be made, all the logistics to consider: do I fly from here or there? When should we go? Should we rent a car? Should we wait to make another really long drive? Should the kids and I meet up with Greg on our trip? Should we wait? Should we buy a double stroller now? Should we buy a double jogger stroller or umbrella-style? Should we live in an apartment or a house? (also, little details like this: Should we wait to start potty training Nate? Should I cut my hair differently? When should I get a hair cut?)

It's maddening. And exhausting, and enough to make me want to park it in the cafe that I discovered today with my mom, and just slurp on the most delicious espresso milkshake I've ever had.

Truly, with so much rolling around my brain I feel like I make move forward with anything.

And, yet, I do know how to do this: focus on one thing, make a decision and trust that the other pieces will fall into place. It's just taking that first step that is unnerving.



No comments:

Post a Comment