Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Push it up

Just when you think you're going fast enough, there is some little voice within (or maybe that old soccer coach?) that summons up the courage to gently lean into your inner ear, and with all the gusto that can be mustered, yells "Push it up!" meaning, go faster, do more, make the most of this.

So, let me just say this: we have been pushing it up. I think that pleasantly sums up our last two weeks. And the two weeks that are coming, too.

Here's a quick recap: we have had dinner with people either at our house or out for that last 9 nights. We went to Wichita for two days, toured the (Awesome!) zoo, went to a great splash ground, experience the (incredibly busy) science museum - which I think was thronged with people becuase of the Star Wars exhibit that was on display. I mean it was cool... but Nate was less than thrilled with the Stormtroopers that we walking around. We divided our house of the things to move with us and the things to move home, and then we packed the house. We welcomed The Family (that is, almost all of Greg's family, my parents, and my sister) to town for a momentous event, a too-special day, a so-proud-I-cry-thinking-about-it-day: Greg's winging and graduation. Greg and I closed the bar down celebrating his awesome day (believe me, this shocked the rest of his class, too - we call them the Family 12-14). And all the packing, all the celebrating, all the moments you wanted to hit pause and just live in the moment forever? WE could not have done it without The Family here.

Really, we could not have made it through this whole year with out the proverbial village to support us. Thank you kindly, from the bottom of our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment