Monday, October 22, 2012

Moved

We moved! (Again.)

The kids and I are happily reunited with Greg after our three week (totally joyous) stay in The Land of Plenty (read: San Antonio) where my parents indulged me in time to get dressed in the morning without mopping up spilled apple juice between getting dressed and drying my hair; and trips to the store without the kids! (I tried on jeans in the store for the first time in two years! Amazing.); and their wonderful company, constant reassurance that the two's do pass, and patience to play all the time with Nate and Brooke.

It was a wonderful three weeks.

And after a reeeeeeaaaalllllly long drive through Texas, we made it to Southwestern Oklahoma: our new home for the next few months. Our place is small. (Actually, tiny. Yes, that's a better description.) but we are together, and that's what is important. Plus, the kids and I can walk everywhere we need to go, and there are some great playgrounds near by. Last week, we went five whole days without getting in the car. At all. Not even to go to the grocery store. I'm loving it!

It has, however, been sweltering. No kidding: yesterday the reader board on base said the temperature was 101 degrees. In later October! I was so tickled that is was rainy this morning...but then we stepped outside, and it was 95 degrees.

Who's ready for fall and a few cooler temps? We certainly are.

Pictures of our SW OK adventures soon.

2 comments:

  1. I know, right? It seems totally unreasonable. Another factoid? This weekend it was 22 degree on Saturday morning. (Admittedly, usually I shudder at these nippy temps, but as of late, I can't get enough!)Today, it was a lovely - though warmer - 58 degrees. By Thursday, it'll be back to the mid-80s. Seriously, southern Oklahoma? Get with the program. Thursday will be November for crying out loud. Yeesh.

    ReplyDelete