Usually, when people talk about October, they follow the word October with "fest." It's natural, right? The weather is (supposed) to be getting chillier, we're all craving tasty autumn flavors, football is in the air, and certainly - gathering with friends for your version of OctoberFest is all part of our "getting ready for fall" routine, I think.
This year, I propose that in our house we celebrate OctoberRest.
It's been a whirlwind few weeks (thus, my absence from blogging. It's a general feeling of "well, where should I begin on the updating...?!") and I am ready for a few weeks (but I'll settle for at least a week) of getting our bearings, and taking "getting ready for fall" at a snail's pace.
Plus, it should be noted that it was still well into the mid-90s at our new Oklahoma home. Yes, folks, the 90s.
The kids and I have spent an amazing -amazing - few weeks visiting my parents, and soaking in as much family time as we can garner. (Greg has been setting up our house in OK, and jet-setting literally from one coast of this country to the other.)
The kids took their first trip to the heritage home (and Brooke's first trip across a US border! Very exciting.): Michigan and Canada to be with me and the rest of our fam as we laid to rest my dad's parents. It was a wonderful gathering of family, and a true testament to the legacy and values that my grandparents instilled in me.
I love the concept of October REST!
ReplyDeleteMissing the morning snuggle with the kids.
Watching baseball with out Nate's usual commentary about 'big hits' is a lot less exciting :)