there are some silly stories, too.
Like...
When we were in Houston, Brooke fell into a fountain in front of the Museum of Natural History. No, really. She fell head over heals into the fountain. It was epic (don't worry, though: I did have a change of clothes for her in the car. Whew.)
And, this morning, I was scolded by Nate. For yelling and not speaking kindly. It's a pretty amazing day when you're scolded by your almost-three-year-old.
We went to run errands and I forgot to put shoes on Brooke... thank goodness for not having totally unpacked the car. A spare pair was in there, but for my sweet girl and I, it was a quick reminder of how much her little twinkle toes have grown!
I was madly searching through the house for Nate when the doorbell rang and, lo and behold: there's Nate standing there. Before I could even ask what was going on, he informed me that, whew - he had a hard day at work and now he needs to go for a run. Excellent.
Brooke loved to read the book Dear Zoo. (If you've not read it, pick up a copy - it's wonderful). And she likes to make the sounds of each animal. When we get to the lion page, Nate lets out a great big growl, and Brooke quickly follows... with a dainty sweet little "roar." It's the sweetest lion I've ever met.
No comments:
Post a Comment