Monday, April 8, 2013

Getting settled

I have a habit of planning to host  large-ish family and friend gatherings pretty quickly after we move.

It seems like no big deal - and I just love to have people over.

But every time (and I do mean every. single. time) I forget about parts of the moving/unpacking that take mroe time than I a) want and b) have teh patience for.

Enter our social calendar for the last two weeks: two parties in two weeks 8 days (and 11 days of being in the house). Totally worth it. Totally amazing to see everyone. (And totally worth the "beast mode" that Greg told me I went into to get some of the boxes unpacked before our first party).

I think especially after our months of being transient (although staying with lovely family all the while), it jsut feels nice to be able to have people over, and to be a host instead of always a guest.

In truth: there is one room that is almost completely boxes that I will not unpack - for a while. Things that when you open the box and see what's inside you think "oh my goodness, this should go straight to good will!" but then after a pause, you realize that in fact you may actually need/want those random things you come across when the dust settles and you can see straight.

(We are not there yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment