Monday, January 25, 2010

Meek little rays (with such big heart)

It's January 25th today, and what were we graced with on the 47th parallel? Sunshine.

Sweet, glorious, weak winter rays of sunshine. But it was there, nonetheless. And it felt wonderful on my face. It topped off my little vitamin D meter. And for that, I say thank you to the Big Guy upstairs for, just in the nick of time, giving us a little winter respite. Whew. We needed that.

We had a busy, busy weekend - and I think this is past the point of being the anomaly. No, friends, this is our norm. It's pas the point of being "the trend." No longer is it "the holiday (and slight post-holiday!) whirlwind." This is our norm.

We spent Saturday morning volunteering at the NW Furniture Bank, and awesome (newish) organization in Tacoma that works much like a food bank, just with furniture. Audrie spent the morning putting together box after box of donated Ikea furniture products, Greg delivered furniture to those who needed it, and I helped families shopped for things off of their need list. It was humbling, refreshing, and great to give back. I'm a big fan.

We're fortunate enough to have a friend who is an electrician (did I mention yet that we are still looking for a plumber who want to be our friend, too?). He has saved us more than once... and he saved us again this weekend with some sweet upgrades to our pad: newly installed light switches! Greg and josh spent much of Sunday climbing through the attic, connecting this wire to that, painting, and using all kinds of crazy tools (heard of a drill with an enormous drill bit (I mean like 6 feet long)? Yeah. Me neither, until this weekend. More importantly, now we have a light switch for the hall stair way at the top AND bottom of the stairs. And we have a kitchen light switch in a place that's not right behind our gas stove. Safety first, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment