Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Misty mornings

The last few mornings, we've been shrouded in fog (or rain, which really, isn't that just a heavy fog?) and that's one clear sign that autumn has officially started in the PNW. If you're thinking: "wow, we're still in shorts and t-shirts - our summer is lasting so long!" thanks for not rubbing that in; our summer was a mere blip on the radar, and I am longing for summer days. (Usually, that means I start looking into vacationing where its essentially guaranteed that we'll see the sunshine.)

Since I last posted here's what we've been up to:
Nate and I are ruling the roost on our own. That's right, Greg is perfecting his salute and lacing up his boots (though, he doesn't really lace them everyday since he got boots that has a zipper up the side of them. He said that time savings is a tremendous addition to his day.) at Officer Training School. While he said it's nothing like summer camp, it sounds like things are going ok - and just when we think the next 11 weeks will pass at a snail's pace, I blink and the day is over, which means we're one more day closer to the week being over, and another week done and dusted. Whew. We sure miss him.

Other Nate News: he's eating cereal. Actually, "eating" is fairly sedate description. He's gobbling it up! And loving it (after he take a bite, he actually says "mmmmm!"). This week, I think we'll make the foray into veggies. He's also getting the hang of sitting up on his own, and is now riding in the stroller without the car seat attachment. That's big news at our house.

And... he's starting swimming lessons next weekend. Since is crawl looks more like he's swimming the butterfly stroke, I'm sure he'll be a natural, like his cousins (who as it turns out, actually are like little fishes, and are such good swimmers).


 This weekend, my parents were in town. We had a blast. My dad was the commencement speaker at the Embry Riddle graduation on Saturday night and it was so cool to see him present the keynote address. I mean, really, how often do you get to see one of your parents address a graduating class?!?! Then, on Sunday, we celebrated his birthday with a decadent brunch on the water front and a hike at the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge. It was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment