Today, I had what my sister calls a "mom moment." Normally, I think this would be a moment where I catch a glimpse of my self saying or doing something just like my mom does or would have done.
She says that mom moments are also when you have to do something that you used to not have to do when you were a kid. Like fill the gas tank when it is freezing outside.
Today my mom moment was this: while my little cherubs are sleeping, I was running around cleaning toilets, doing laundry, starting dinner (thank you, Crock Pot), making phone calls - all working towards being able to do 30 minutes of yoga.
And then: I smashed my finger in the laundry room door. Like smashed my finger. As in, it's bleeding.
And for a moment I wanted someone to rush to my side like we do for our kids when they get an a smashed finger or a stubbed toe. But then - I had my mom moment.
I hope your fingers are all intact.
No comments:
Post a Comment