Monday, January 7, 2013

What's new in the new year

Well, greetings. It's been a few weeks, and so there is of course updating to do!  (in my mind I almost wrote: "wow! It's been a long time - I haven't written anything since last year?!!!" Ha, ha, ha... )

Since there is much to update, let's cover what's not new: We are still in Oklahoma. Nate had another wild bout with an asthma flare up (seriously, I think he is allergic to this state...), Brooke's scar from her tumble is looking so great, we are getting ready to move (but really is more like ready... set... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... go?) It's still sunny and relatively warm here.


Here are the news flashes:

We had an amazing Christmas holiday! We went south for the holidays and had a wonderful week+ in San Antonio. My parents gave us a wonderful gift: several "date" outings without the kids, including one for my Christmas present from Greg... a cooking class at the swanky Sur La Table. Informative, and delicious, we took a class all about chocolate (what's not to like?!?) And I assured Greg that I will make sure it's the gift that keeps on giving...


Christmas is one of my favorite holidays (but let's be honest: most of them are my favorites. What can I say? This gal like to have things to celebrate!) and I think it's true what they say: it's even more magical with little ones around. Brooke and Nate are starting to get into the holiday spirit themselves (though still not sure about Santa and the whole "sit on Santa's lap" thing...). They loved decorating cookies, opening presents and, of course, new toys!





 We did lots of playing, too:
At the park in San Antonio on Christmas Day. Beautifully sunny, but mighty windy!

Bowling time! (Nate's favorite refrain these days...) at Randolph AFB

It has also become a tradition of ours to celebrate Greg's birthday over the holiday with my family. (See, I told you: always love a reason to celebrate!).  And so we fine-dined at a lovely local San Antonio spot. (Birthday apparel required. It's becoming on him - don't you think?)


At University of Incarnate Word, San Antonio, TX
 For an early New Years, we zipped over to Houston to see extended family. It was amazing to have four generations under one roof!

And for the real New Year's even celebration, we went to see the Spurs play (read: totally dominate and win) the Brooklyn Nets. Super fun to be at the game, and my basketball-loving-little-man was loving it. As a back-up career, I think he'll be a sports announcer - he was in heaven calling "Three pointer!" and "From downtown!" throughout the game.


Greg also had his first official flight in "the jet" last week, piloting and flying this massive beast: 

And we spent the weekend celebrating more with our Pilot Training Family for Greg's birthday - and a Seahawks win!




No comments:

Post a Comment