Saturday, January 31, 2015

Words

I'm thankful for the convenience of the modern (smart) phone. It allows me to capture little snippets of the day that I look back on and love. Like Griffin's first time going down the slide (head first. And he loved it... another thrill seeker!). And impromptu dance parties.

And I need to capture the way my kids say things. Because I know when they are 10, 15, 20, 25... I'll look back on the special way they said things when they were small. Like...

Brooke says "Goy-url" when you ask her to say "girl." It's adorable. (And sounds a little bit like she's from Jersey).

Nate says "refrigerlater" when talking about the refrigerator. I love it.

Brooke also has picked up some pretty sweet phrases, courtesy of their current interest in The Magic School Bus. She randomly inserts "According to my research" and "I have a hypothesis" into everyday conversation:
Me: Brooke, what would you like for lunch? Sandwich? Cheese and crackers?
Brooke: According to my research... peanut butter sandwich!

....


Me: Brooke, can you put your shoes on?
Brooke: I have a hypothesis. Can we go to the zoo?
....

And I can hear my most popular things said repeated by Nate:
"C'mon, mom. Seriously." (Not my favorite, but sometimes it does make me laugh!)

The chatter around this house is growing, but for a few moments, I just want their small voices to hold on to those funny things they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment