Friday, February 5, 2010

55 degrees

No, no... it's not some bad joke about a new boy band (reference there: 98 Degrees). Rather, that's how warm it is today. On February 5. And that makes me oh so happy, and so looking forward to the weekend.

In other good news:
Audrie is off to start a big girl job this weekend! She's moving to Portland to start working in a lab at Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU). Admittedly, it's a bit bittersweet: we couldn't be happier that she found a spot that is in her field and what she wants to be doing. But I'd be fooling myself if I didn't say I haven't loved every single minute of having her in the next room. Hanging out everyday after work.And doing all the daily things (like going to the grocery store) with her. It's been so fun. BUT! Portland is only 2.5 hours away - and it's in the same time zone! We're so excited for her, and so excited for her to still be so close to us (relatively, of course. She did just live in Africa, folks. I'm counting my lucky stars left and right, here.)

More good news: Dwayne AND Candice are coming to visit. That's right. We'll have a little bit of the 6th Grade Collective partying it up on the West Coast, and I'm so looking forward to it! They'll be here right before the bebe arrives (or maybe when the bebe arrives!), and I'm thrilled to see them. Audrie and I are devising a cunning plan to get all of our nearest and dearest to make the West Coast home. So, y'know, if you've been dying for a little ocean breeze and some really humongous pine trees, you should head this way, too. Oh yeah, and we'll be living here too, which makes that ocean breeze and those trees a bit cooler, don't you think?

Enjoy your weekend - I'm heading outside to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment